National Retailer Leverages GDT Wireless NaaS to Save Time & Amplify Productivity in Distribution Centers
About the Customer
Our customer operates large distribution centers that service their retail stores nationwide. They rely on mission-critical wireless access to keep up with the demands of receiving, storing, and shipping inventory across the country.
Our customer was operating outdated and poorly architected WiFi networks in their expansive distribution centers totaling millions of square feet. Connectivity and bandwidth issues caused delays and impacted productivity. Furthermore, networking staff faced intense manual fine-tuning whenever infrastructure changes were made, with adjustments often required for months following the changes. This caused unpredictability and instability in these critical logistic centers, leading to increased IT staff workloads, lost productivity, and poor user experiences.
Get In touch with us
Specific project requirements included:
- Full wireless coverage in all areas.
- Complex picking areas that required specific wireless designs.
- Simplified device and user management.
- Secure network access for IT staff and employees.
- Future support for wireless location services and application-aware services.
- Minimal downtime during cutover.
- Self-healing capabilities.
- Real-time troubleshooting support to reduce time to repair.
- Tuning support, ensuring a successful migration.
SOLUTION: GDT NAAS, POWERED BY JUNIPER
- Juniper Mist access points with virtual Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) capabilities to enable future growth with location tracking and Bluetooth capabilities.
- RF patterns using specialized directional antennas to push signals down for coverage in well-defined footprints on the ground while limiting signal interference in other areas.
- Architecture built for roaming and mission-critical access.
Through GDT’s efforts, our customer has gained confidence, predictability, and increased productivity with their new wireless system and has engaged GDT to perform additional distribution center projects supporting their wireless needs. With the Mist Cloud configured to our customer’s success thresholds, they can easily see their success parameters and quickly identify issues through Juniper Mist’s detailed insights.
Additionally, Juniper Mist leverages client and access point analytics to make real-time tuning decisions to avoid critical interference issues. Juniper Mist also uses signal analytics to make global decisions automatically at times when the system is not in use by client devices.
Overall, the domino effect of customer benefits include:
Learn More about GDT Network Services
To learn more, visit GDT Networking Solutions or contact us.