Fortune 1000 Company Improves Security Posture and Saves Projected $2M with GDT Network and Security Assessment
About the Customer
Our customer’s outdated global network infrastructure was no longer meeting their needs, with gaps in security and data protection, diminished application performance, and subpar ROI on technology investments. Specific challenges included:
- Legacy architecture and lack of visibility, yielding poor performance and higher costs.
- Outdated processes and procedures and lack of practices and industry standards, resulting in unplanned outages and adverse business impacts.
- Configuration gaps, leading to security exposures and compliance challenges.
- IT support structure issues, including the lack of clear ownership and accountability across the support model.
- Limited resiliency, impeding their ability to scale and respond to increasing business demands.
- Geo-political issues and business continuity exposures for overseas locations, including the Russia-Ukraine war and technical limitations due to minimally threaded undersea fiber-optic cables.
Get In touch with us
Specific project requirements included:
- Prioritized ROI-based network modernization recommendations.
- Rigorous network and data security across global locations.
- Ability to maximize existing edge technology investments.
- Optimization of third-party IT vendor efficiency and effectiveness.
- Scalability for the future.
Solution: GDT Network and Security Assessment
- SD-WAN: Cloud-based SD-WAN managed services solution to reduce OpEx, minimize staffing requirements, and improve stability.
- WiFi: Upgraded WiFi solution to lower OpEx, simplify management, modernize security, improve coverage, and lower risk.
- Unified Communications: Standardization on existing Microsoft Teams deployment for disaster recovery, increased reliability, and tighter integration across locations.
The new, modern network built on GDT recommendations has improved our client’s networking estate, closed security and compliance gaps, and elevated their security posture. The updated infrastructure offers increased performance and stability and optimizes existing edge technology investments. Our customer now enjoys streamlined management processes and increased productivity and has laid the foundation for future growth while navigating geo-political challenges with greater agility. Additional benefits include:
GDT Network Services
Contact us today to learn how we can help your business accelerate success.